Converting a Tennis Court to a Pickleball Court
If you have a tennis court and you want to be able to utilize it for Pickleball, there are a number of simple ways to do this.
What is Pickleball?
Pickleball was invented in 1965 on Bainbridge Island. Three dads – Joel Pritchard, Bill Bell, and Barney McCallum — whose kids were bored with their usual summertime activities — are credited for creating game. Pickleball has evolved from original handmade equipment and simple rules into a popular sport throughout the US and Canada.
Info about Pickleball
- A fun sport that combines many elements of tennis, badminton and ping-pong.
- Played both indoors or outdoors on a badminton-sized court and a slightly modified tennis net.
- Played with a paddle and a plastic ball with holes.
- Played as doubles or singles.
- Can be enjoyed by all ages and skill levels
Court construction and conversions.
The USA Pickleball Association has a number of tools on their website that explains the dimensions and guidelines for pickleball courts.
Munson Inc has experience building new Pickleball courts and Converting Tennis courts to Pickleball in Milwaukee, Waukesha and Southeastern Wisconsin. Contact us for further details or to make an appointment with us.