Once or twice a year (spring and fall is a good time) it is important to take a good look at your asphalt parking l0t or driveway to see if there is any issues that can be addressed to assure the longevity of your pavement.
- Relocate trees or shrubs that have roots that could eventually threaten the cement or asphalt.
- Avoid parking heavy vehicles or equipment on your driveway.
- Create space for snow and other drain-off by edging the sides of the driveway.
- Periodically seal or waterproof your driveway with a high-quality sealing product.
- Keep the cement or blacktop clean year-round with a leaf blower and pressure washer. It’s especially important to clean spilled oil or other chemicals that might damage your driveway.
- Avoid using salt on cement driveways during fall, especially during the first year. Salt can lead to cracks in cement and other damage.