Fixing Small Cracks in Asphalt Driveways
Simple crack repair and maintenance can help prolong the life of your asphalt driveway
Before patching the crack, it is important for the area to be as clean as possible so that the patching material can adhere easily.
- Use a wire brush or a wire wheel on a drill to remove dirt and debris from the crack.
- Shop vac to ensure that all of the loose debris and smaller particles have been removed. If a shop vac is available to you, you can use a garden hose to flush out the crack. If you use a garden hose, you need to let the crack dry completely before continuing.
Fixing Smaller Cracks in Asphalt (1/8 in – 1/2 in)
- To fill smaller cracks you should use rubberized asphalt-emulsion crack filler.
- Use a putty knife or trowel to smooth out the surface of the crack.
- Let the filler dry according to the instructions on the packaging before driving over the affected area.
Simple regular maintenance like this can keep your asphalt looking good for years to come. Remember, crack repair can be a long process and if your driveway or parking lot requires more extensive repairs. Give us a call.
Pothole repair and patching is important to the overall maintenance of your asphalt parking lot or driveway.
A well maintained parking lot or driveway helps with the safety of your property and offers a good impression to those that visit and use your businesses products and services. Pothole Repair is important. We frequently do pothole repair and patching for Milwaukee customers whose original asphalt paving contractor cut corners on quality in order to be lower priced.
Many years ago, MUNSON made a fundamental decision – to explain our price one time rather than have to apologize for poor quality forever. You’ll be glad we did.
6747 N. Sidney Place Glendale, WI 53209
Phone: (414) 351-0800 or (800) 236-0340
Fax: (414) 351-0879